If you don’t like the idea of adding Barley Grass Powder to a glass of water to take as a shot in the morning, we recommend trying this really simple smoothie. You’ll get a dose of barley grass and also benefit from the additional nutrients found in the other ingredients.
Rainforest Foods Barley Grass is sourced from an organic farm in Canterbury, New Zealand. The entire production process is organically certified, and is designed to allow a high proportion of the plant’s original nutritional value to be retained.
Barley grass is a good source of Vitamin A, Folic acid and the magnesium-rich green pigment Chlorophyll.
- 1 ripe banana
- 15g vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 small avocado (about 40g)
- Small handful of spinach
- 1 heaped tsp Rainforest Foods Barley Grass Powder
- Almond milk
- Dash of peppermint extract
- Add all of the ingredients into your blender and pour in a generous glug of almond milk.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. You can adjust the amount of almond milk, depending on how thick you’d like the smoothie to be.
Recipe by Charlotte Roberts, personal trainer and health, food & fitness blogger. You can check out her blog here.