Notes from the Rainforest Foods kitchen: a delicious and nutritious salad of seasonal, organic green vegetables.
The bounty of autumn includes many green vegetables. French beans are still in season, as is broccoli and kale. These can be eaten in every state, from raw through to cooked soft. A fine way to prepare them is to steam them until very slightly crunchy, when their flavours will be fully developed.
This dressing transforms raw or cooked green vegetables into a salad with a rich texture, a complex and tangy taste and significant nutritional value. Eaten either cold or slightly warm, the salad needs little more than a chunk of good bread to accompany it.
- 50ml/2fl.oz hemp oil
- 1 tsp miso paste
- 2 tsp almond butter
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp Rainforest Foods Wheatgrass powder
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- A handful of fresh parsley
- A good pinch of both salt and ground pepper
- A handful of finely chopped almonds
Vegetables of your choice
- Place all the ingredients except the chopped almonds in a blender, and blend until a smooth, thick dressing is achieved. If your blender is of the less powerful type, it is helpful to keep the oil back, adding it gradually once the parsley etc is well blended.
- Prepare green vegetables of your choice in the manner of your choosing. Place in a good-sized bowl and pour the dressing on. With your hands, massage it well into the vegetables so that they are completely coated.
- Leave the dish to sit for half an hour in order to let the flavours merge well. Scatter in the chopped almonds and serve.