If (like us) you’re a big fan of peanut butter cups then you need to give this recipe a try! It’s a healthier twist on the popular treat, made from all natural ingredients and suitable for people following a vegan diet. Whip up a batch of these and they’ll be ready to grab as a snack when you need to curb those cravings for something sweet – because lets be honest, fruit doesn’t always cut it.
If you give this a try, share your creations with us on social media because we love to see and share customer photos.
- 1/2 cup oats
- Tbsp coconut oil
- Tbsp brown rice syrup
- Tsp Rainforest Foods Cacao Powder
- 2 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 heaped tbsp brown rice syrup
- Pinch of vanilla powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Coconut cream and blueberries to decorate
- To create the base, add all of the base ingredients into a food processor and blend until everything starts to stick together.
- Transfer this into your tart cases and firmly press the mixture into the base of the tin and around the edges. Pop these in the freezer and allow to set whilst you make the filling.
- In a bowl, mix together the peanut butter, syrup, vanilla and salt until smooth and creamy. You can add a little almond milk to help everything blend if needed.
- Add the filling into the centre of the tarts and return them into the freezer for about 2 hours to set.
- Decorate with some coconut cream and fresh berries.
Recipe by Charlotte Roberts, personal trainer and health, food & fitness blogger. You can check out her blog here.