This gingerbread recipe is the third in our Christmas series by Charlotte Roberts, creator of Charley’s Health, qualified personal trainer, fitness fanatic and blogger.
Here is our third vegan, dairy-free, healthy treat! These gingerbread men are a guilt-free treat and go really well with Spiced Acai Berry Chia Jam, you can find the recipe here.
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp date syrup
- 1 tbsp Rainforest Foods Maca Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- Preheat your oven to 175c and line a tray with baking paper.
- Add the nuts and oats into your food processor and blend until you’re left with a smooth flour.
- Add in the remaining ingredients (apart from the water) and continue to blend until everything is well combined. Add a drizzle of water if needed to help bind the mixture together and create a dough.
- Take the dough and flatten it out onto a floured surface. Cut out your gingerbread men shapes and place these onto your baking tray. Bake in the oven for around 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire wrack and allow to cool before serving.
Serving suggestion- try sandwiching two of the gingerbreads together with the chia seed jam!
If you make these little chaps, be sure to tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!