This Christmas we asked Charlotte Roberts, creator of Charley’s Health, qualified personal trainer, fitness fanatic and blogger to create some vegan, dairy-free, healthy treats!
The first in the series are these gorgeous Christmas Pudding Energy Bites. They’re simple to make and full of slow releasing energy. Make these as a work place treat and your colleagues are bound to be impressed!
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1 tbsp Rainforest Foods Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp Rainforest Foods Chia Seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
For the topping:
- 25g creamed coconut
- Almond milk
- 1 tbsp agave/maple syrup
- Place the cashews into a food processor and pulse them on their own for a few seconds to break down the nuts slightly.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and process everything until all of the ingredients are well combined and form a sticky mixture.
- Take some of the mix in your hands and roll into a ball. Repeat this until all of your mixture is used up. Place these into the fridge to firm up whilst you make the topping.
- Combine your melted creamed coconut and syrup together in a bowl and add almond milk until it reaches a thick, but pourable consistency. (You may want to do this over a low heat so that the coconut cream doesn’t harden)
- Pour a little of the coconut mixture over each of the energy balls and top with some red currants.
If you make these, be sure to tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!
The next Christmas recipe will be released next week, so keep an eye out on social media.