Today marks the first day of spring and because we’re looking forward to longer days, more sun and fresh leaves on the trees we thought we’d share this vibrant green smoothie with you.
Chlorella is one of our most popular products and many people decide to take it in tablet form because they find it easier than incorporating the powder into their diet. But if you read this report by the BBC last week, stating that we should be looking to eat 10 portions of fruit and veg a day, then this smoothie will also help you up your intake and work towards this.
Chlorella provides a good source of vitamins including, Vitamin A, Vitamins B1, 2, 3, 6 and 12, plus Vitamin C. It is a healthy source of several key minerals, including Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorous and Zinc. It is also a rich source of protein, containing 7 out of the 8 essential amino acids – those we cannot make for ourselves and must obtain from our diet. For more information on how our Chlorella Powder is processed to maintain maximum nutrients click here.
Thanks to Jacky Köster for sharing her recipe with us. You can view her Instagram account (@plantastybites) for more inspiration here.
- 1 banana
- 1 cube of frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup of plant based milk
- Splash of water
- 1 tsp Rainforest Foods Chlorella Powder
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Toppings of your choice (pictured: granola, coconut chips and dried mulberries)
- Blend the banana, frozen spinach and plant based milk in your blender until smooth.
- In a little bowl combine water, chlorella and maple syrup and mix until well combined.
- Drop the chlorella mix down the inside of your jar before pouring in the smoothie.
- Add the toppings of your choice (pictured: granola, coconut chips and dried mulberries) and enjoy!